INFORMATION FOR INCOMING APPLICANTS WITHIN THE ERASMUS PROGRAMMEHow to apply?
If you want to spend a part of your studies in the Karol Szymanowski Academy of Music in Katowice as an exchange student, you should apply through the international coordinator at your home institution. You should contact your international coordinator well in advance as it may take some time to prepare your application.
The deadline for applications for both semesters in our school is 30 April of the previous academic year. Until then your local international coordinator should have forwarded your application to us.
The application should include:
• a Learning Agreement, completed and signed
• a recording of yourself of ca. 30 minutes duration (a CD or a link to the recording), or a theoretical work
• a CV
• a letter of motivation with the information about the average grade for the last semester
• a letter of recommendation from your main subject teacher will be an advantage (however, not necessary)
Please send us all the application documents in English.
PDF files should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, and the CD should be submitted by traditional post to the following address:
Akademia Muzyczna im. Karola Szymanowskiego
Koordynator Programu Erasmus
ul. Zacisze 3
40-025 Katowice, Poland
How is the application processed?
The application along with the recording is forwarded to the Academy Selection Committee / Head of Department who evaluate it. They decide if the applicant has the sufficient level to be admitted. The result of your application is sent to your international coordinator.
Please be aware that even though you have spoken with a teacher here at the Academy and he/she has expressed interest in accepting you in his/her class it is not certain that we can offer you a study place. It is only when you have an official letter from our Erasmus coordinator offering you a study place that you have actually been accepted.
If you’ve been accepted to study in the Academy of Music in Katowice contact us:
- to decide on the final list of subjects you wish / can do;
- to apply for a place in the dormitory (the number of places in the dormitory is limited);
- if you need any further advice, e.g. about how to travel from the airport.
You may find some useful information here
tel. +48 32 7792354
Room A, office hours:
Monday 11 am - 14 pm
Tuesday 11 am- 14 pm
Wednesday 11 am - 14 pm
Thursday 11 am - 14 pm
Friday 11 am - 14 pm